Tuesday 9 April 2013

Toad in the Hole

I was delighted with how well this recipe turned out.

Now I know it's a very simple one to do but I was surprised at how tasty it was and it looked great.

And of course as we know I am no Nigella so any success is to be celebrated :)

The Recipe

Toad in the Hole

125g plain flour
300 mil milk
3 eggs
A pinch of salt and pepper
Sausages

Siv the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle

Add the eggs and then mix until firm

Gradually mix in the milk

Season with salt and pepper

The mix thoroughly until smooth

I also siv the mixture to ensure it is lump free

Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes

Heat oven to 240c

Heat oil in your roasting tin until the oil is smoking.

Whilst oil is heating I fried the sausages (but you can grill them if you prefer)

Once the sausages are cooked I put them onto a plate ready to quickly add them to my Yorkshire pudding mix.

Get your heated oil out of the oven and immediately add the Yorkshire pudding mix then sausages and put back in the oven.

DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR UNTIL ITS COOKED

After 10 minutes turn the oven down to about 180/200

Total cooking time 25 minutes

Serve and enjoy!

I used Asda extra special thin Cumberland sausages which are 90% pork, since the meat scandal I have definitely changed my buying habits and these sausages where surprising good value at £2.50 for twelve, I pay more than that normally for sausages with no actual meat in them!




No comments:

Post a Comment