Friday 8 March 2013

Left Over Chicken Pie

This is a blog I never thought I'd write.... A food post... Me?? Thats laughable, as I am terrible in the kitchen!

I either burn things as I get distracted or I under cook it in the fear of burning it (you get the picture)

But I am determined to start cooking more things from scratch and this brilliant (and very easy) recipe was given to me by my sister (thanks Jo)

I was a bit dubious as I'm not keen on left overs but I gave it a go and it is delicious. If you are anything like us we always have a ridiculous amount of chicken left over after our Sunday roast, which makes it economical in these hard times as well, bonus.

Ingredients

Left over chicken
mushrooms
a tin of sweetcorn
carrots (cooked or tinned)
2 tins of condensed mushroom soup
Short crust pastry

Directions

Heat the soup, chicken, carrots and mushrooms in a pan
when hot add the sweetcorn
Put contents into your pie dish and leave to cool for 30 minutes

Roll pastry and add to pie dish
Brush with egg

Cook for approx 30 - 40 minutes until pastry is thoroughly cooked

and viola a hearty delicious chicken pie



1 comment: